Thursday, March 18, 2010

Acknowledgments

Dear Kiprusoff,

when I submit a paper I like to covertly mention my horse in the acknowledgments section.  I usually say something along the lines of "and special thank to D.B.R. for his contributions in the field."  I wrote most of my dissertation on the couch with a Flames game blaring in the background, so today I submitted a manuscript with the intentions of thanking D.B.R. and  M. Kiprusoff for their help with my research.  Unfortunately, a certain person sitting across the room from me suggested I shorten it to M.K. My esteemed collegue said something about it being more professional, but I think it's because you guys share the same initials.  For whatever reason the scientific community doesn't like it when we thank our pets or favorite sports figures, so in the off chance you begin reading scientific literature related to avian immunology, just know that M.K. is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment